The Bill Shover Leadership Award was created in 1999 by the Community Leadership Council (CLC) to honor individuals for their outstanding service to United Blood Services (UBS). It is named for Bill Shover for his significant contribution as a leader to UBS and the community blood program. The award is presented annually in February at the United Blood Services’ Valentines for Life gala luncheon with over 500 in attendance honoring blood drive coordinators. Click on his image for more about a UBS Hero.
- As a leader, this individual inspires, motivates and serves as an advocate for the promotion of the UBS community blood program.
- As a leader, demonstrates innovation by making a difference in people’s lives through the UBS community blood program.
- As a leader, adds value to their own organization/employees as well as UBS through their contribution.
NOMINATIONS DUE ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 19, 2018
- Any individual or group may submit one or more nominations. If submitting multiple nominations, each one must be for a different individual.
- Focus on nominee’s area(s) of greatest impact and innovation on the community blood program.
- Members of United Blood Services Community Leadership Council make the final selection based on the nomination criteria and procedures. All information provided will be verified by Committee members.
- The following are not eligible for the award: current CLC members and Blood Systems Board of Trustees members in addition to employees of Blood Systems, UBS and Creative Testing Solutions.
2017 BILL SHOVER LEADERSHIP AWARD RECIPIENT
Director of Programming, Phoenix Comic Fest
VIEW COMPLETE LIST OF PAST RECIPIENTS