The Mac McClure Legacy Award was created in 2016 by the Community Leadership Council (CLC) to honor an organization for outstanding service to United Blood Services (UBS). It is named for Mac McClure for his significant contribution to UBS and the community blood program. Mac served as the president of Flights for Life and flew 887 missions as a volunteer pilot transporting blood for Arizona patients. He tragically died on August 2, 2016 in a crash on his final mission. The award is presented annually in February at the United Blood Services’ Valentines for Life luncheon with over 500 in attendance honoring blood drive sponsors and their coordinators.
- As an organization, inspires, motivates and serves as an advocate for the promotion of the UBS community blood program.
- As an organization, demonstrates innovation by making a difference in people’s lives through the UBS community blood program.
- Adds value to their own organization as well as UBS through their contribution.
NOMINATIONS DUE ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 19, 2018
- Any individual or group may submit one or more nominations. If submitting multiple nominations, each one must be for a different organization.
- Focus on nominee’s area(s) of greatest impact and innovation on the community blood program.
- Members of United Blood Services Community Leadership Council make the final selection based on the nomination criteria and procedures. All information provided will be verified by Committee members.
- The following are not eligible for the award: Blood Systems, UBS and Creative Testing Solutions.
2017 MAC MCCLURE LEGACY AWARD RECIPIENT
Tempe Center for the Arts
VIEW COMPLETE LIST OF PAST RECIPIENTS