FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2017
The “Spirit of Giving” scholarship is designed to encourage and reward a high school blood drive committee member for their efforts in stimulating interest and awareness about the blood supply at their school and in the community. The $1,000 scholarship will be paid to the school of the recipient’s choice, an accredited post-secondary educational program during the following academic year.
Scholarship Award Amount: $1,000
Scholarships Awarded Per Academic Year: One (1)
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
- Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA
- Be a student in good standing at an Arizona high school and on target to graduate in May 2017
- Serve in a leadership role on their school’s blood drive committee and host a minimum of two blood drives during the 2016-2017 academic year
How To Apply:
- Complete the online “Spirit of Giving” Scholarship Application form below (basic information, essay questions & extracurricular activities description)
- Upload a copy of your high school transcripts OR mail them to the address below
All transcripts must be RECEIVED by the deadline (via upload or US mail).
United Blood Services/Arizona
Spirit of Giving Scholarship
6220 E. Oak St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
ATTN: Denise Gotcher
The recipient of this award will be notified by telephone on or around June 1, 2016.
INCOMPLETE, LATE, HAND-DELIVERED OR FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Notes about the online application:
- You’ll be prompted to upload your transcripts as part of the application form. If you plan to mail it instead, you’ll have an opportunity to indicate that as well.
- Response to essay questions may be no longer than 100 words. It may be a good idea to type your answers in a word processing program first so you can verify the word count before copying and pasting them into the online form.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
|About News & Events Hero Cord Program Scholarship Summer Car Finalist|
For questions about the High School Challenge, please contact Denise Gotcher, Program Coordinator at 480-675-5642 or via email at email@example.com