|About the Award Award Criteria Submit a Nomination|
Nomination Form Criteria
The Bill Shover Leadership Award was created in 1999 by the Community Leadership Council (CLC) to honor an individual for their outstanding service to United Blood Services (UBS). It is named for Bill Shover for his significant contribution as a leader to UBS and the community blood program. The award is presented annually in February at the United Blood Services’ Valentines for Life gala luncheon with over 600 in attendance honoring blood drive coordinators. Please see back page for a list of previous award recipients.
Please read through these criteria and and click the link at the bottom to submit your nomination.
The Bill Shover Leadership Award recognizes an individual who has voluntarily contributed time and talent to the betterment of the Arizona blood supply. As a leader, the nominee must meet the following criteria:
- As a leader, this individual inspires, motivates and serves as an advocate for the promotion of the UBS community blood program.
- As a leader, demonstrates innovation by making a difference in people’s lives through the UBS community blood program.
- As a leader, adds value to their own organization/employees as well as UBS through their contribution.
- Any individual or group may submit one or more nominations. If submitting multiple nominations, each one must be for a different individual. Committees and groups are not eligible to be nominated. An individual may nominate a relative, himself or herself.
- Focus on nominee’s area(s) of greatest impact and innovation on the community blood program.
- Members of United Blood Services Community Leadership Council make the final selection based on the nomination criteria and procedures. All information provided will be verified by Committee members.
- The following are not eligible for the award: current UBS CLC members, current Blood Systems Board of Trustees members and employees of Blood Systems, UBS and Blood Systems Lab.
COMPLETING THE NOMINATION FORM
All nominations are due on or before October 23, 2015.
- Printed nomination applications must be completed in full. Do not enclose the application in a folder or binder.
- Answer all questions. Be concise but thorough. You may provide other support materials that will enable the Selection Committee to choose the most deserving candidates.
- You may answer questions on a computer-generated duplicate, photocopied form or additional pages. Be sure to identify your nominee on each additional page.
Click the link below to download the requirements/submission form as an Adobe Acrobat document or you may complete the process using our online form
SUBMIT A NOMINATION