For the third summer, the Valley Volkswagen dealers have partnered with United Blood Services to sponsor the “Drive Away a Hero” campaign. All June 1 – August 31 blood donors will be automatically entered to win a 2013 Passat S donated by your Valley Volkswagen dealers. Blood donors will also receive a Bonus Chance Entry card that provides two more chances to win: register the entry code at www.VWDealer.com/Phoenix, and for the best odds, deposit the card in any Metro Phoenix area Volkswagen dealer showroom raffle box. The 2013 campaign is even bigger and better with 10 summer donors being drawn as finalists to participate in the Sept. 18 grand prize drawing. The winner will drive away the proud owner of a 2013 Passat S and a hero to Arizona hospital patients!
Give blood more often this summer or try a MAX dona
tion at a Valley donor center to earn more chances to win!
- 6 Finalists: Drawings twice-monthly in June, July & August from all donors during the 2-week timeframe
- 1 Finalist: July 6 Saving Arizona blood drive at Tempe Center for the Arts
- 1 Finalist: Bonus Chance Entry Card codes registered at www.VWDealer.com/Phoenix
- 1 Finalist: Bonus Chance Entry Cards deposited at a Valley Volkswagen dealer showroom
- New – 1 Finalist: Extra drawing from June 1 – August 31 MAX donors at a UBS Donor Center
During the three-month summer campaign with Valley Volkswagen Dealers, United Blood Services hopes to attract more than 50,000 blood donors to save lives in Arizona hospitals. Those donors will help people like Rachel, a 16-year-old leukemia survivor and blood transfusion recipient who is excited about learning to drive this summer. Her mom, Therese, often thought about what would happen if the transfusions that Rachel required at Phoenix Children’s Hospital had not been available. “Blood donors are true heroes to my daughter,” Therese said. “She would not be where she is today without their selfless gift.” Today, Rachel is a healthy, active Chandler teenager who loves art, music and science.
“Volkswagen’s philanthropic philosophy focuses on the well-being of the mind, body and communities in which we live,” said Lunde’s Peoria Volkswagen owner Dennis Lunde on behalf of the seven Valley Volkswagen dealerships. “We have a tradition of looking after the interests of the communities where our facilities are located. We take our corporate social responsibility seriously and are proud to support the community blood program in Arizona.” All seven Volkswagen dealers located in MaricopaCounty are sponsoring the “Drive Away a Hero” summer campaign. For more information on United Blood Services’ Drive Away a Hero campaign with Volkswagen, visit www.UnitedBloodServicesAZ.org/Passat.
United Blood Services hopes to motivate people to donate more often this summer – to help more patients like Rachel and to earn additional chances to win the 2013 Volkswagen Passat S. “While donors are generally eligible to give blood every eight weeks, the majority (65%) donate just once a year,” said Audrey Jennings, Regional Executive Director for United Blood Services.
- Avondale - Larry Miller Volkswagen, 10205 W. Papago Fwy.
- Gilbert - Berge Volkswagen, 385 W. Baseline Rd.
- Gilbert - San Tan Volkswagen, 1489 E. Motorplex Loop
- Peoria – Lunde’s Peoria Volkswagen, 8801 W. Bell Rd.
- Phoenix - Camelback Volkswagen, 1499 E. Camelback Rd.
- Phoenix – Volkswagen North Scottsdale, 7001 E. Chauncey Ln.
- Scottsdale - Chapman Volkswagen, 6601 E. McDowell Rd.